Sunday, January 11, 2009

Pajama Pants Marathon


Guess what I did this weekend, nope, didn't quilt - I made pajama pants.  Three pairs!

Wyatt's pair of Jeff Gordon NASCAR pajama pants...


Jack's monkey pajama pants...

And then a pair for me.  I think my hubby felt a little left out so I will have to go find some fabric for him.  He's 6'5" so his pair needs a lot of fabric.

I had gone to JoAnn Fabric because they were having a huge sale on fabric and I got all these fabrics for 70% off.  I think I understand how to make them now.... took me a little bit but by pair 3 I didn't have to look at the directions.

Unlike quilting directions, clothing directions assume you know a lot.... which I don't.  Quilting directions tell you 1) do this with the fabric, 2) sew these 2 pieces together this direction, 3) do this and cut here or sew this way....  However, clothing directions are like 1) sew this seam 2) sew this seam 3) sew this seam and that's it.  Sounds simple except when I got to "sew outside seams together" it didn't tell me how the fabric should be and I totally sewed it wrong the first time, ripped it out and had to figure it out on my own.  I guess they assume you need to put one leg in the other leg and so forth - I didn't know that - but I figured it out!

I think I will stick to quilts, and maybe a few more pairs of pajama pants now that I got the hang of them.  They are cute and easy (once you figure them out) and quick!

I should be getting my sewing table Tuesday - according to an email sent to me.  I can't wait!

I'll have a busy week this week, I have a cousin coming to crash at our place while he ski's Vermont.  It will be nice to see him.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

Love the PJ's. They are very cute and look really warm.