Friday, December 12, 2008

How Much Does a Sewing Machine Cost?

Okay fellow quilters - I need your help.

I am making plans for my Christmas money and I am thinking maybe a new sewing machine. My machine is a Singer and is great - just over 15 years old. I took a pajama making class and got to use a new Berninia... very nice - but out of my price range. So here is my question - how much do sewing machines cost? And what is a good sewing machine for what I need?

Here is what I need - I make quilts. I do hand quilt but would like the opportunity to machine quilt with a walking foot. So this sewing machine needs to have a walking foot. I really don't want to spend more then $500 - is that possible.

I just started my internet search tonight and it really is overwhelming. I need your help. If you have any good or bad experiences with purchasing sewing machines please share them with me. I have no clue what I am doing! Please help a fellow quilter, there is nothing like the advice from fellow quilters!

Thanks so much!

Oh, by the way, we had a great snow storm last night and today - we have real snow now! How excited are we? We love snow here in Vermont!

No comments: