Sunday, November 23, 2008

Kids To The Fabric Store? Oh My!

So this is what happens when you take your sons to the fabric store.  By the way side goes my own Christmas projects - and "right now" comes his projects.  

Wyatt fell in love with this fleece Christmas cat fabric and wanted a pillow.  As we went back to the pillow forms he picked of all things, the oval pillow.  I've never done one of these so it was quite a challenge.  I tried to find directions online and even though I did what it said -- well, mine still didn't turn out right.  It took me about 2 days to get this done.  It isn't "purrrr fect" but it will do for an 8 year old.  

So there was fabric left over and I offered to make another pillow - this time of my choice (square) and it only took about an hour and looks so much better.  I had considered even putting a ruffle on it but remembered why I even went to the fabric store in the first place - Christmas projects - oh that's right - so no ruffle.  Wyatt loves the pillows and I have a feeling they will be on his bed year round.

It's getting cold outside here in Vermont!  Great time for quilting!  I love the snow and where I am in Vermont we haven't had much.... of course we are the only part of Vermont that hasn't had much snow, we are city dwellers.  We did have about an inch on the ground Saturday morning (the mountains got feet of snow) and the boys rushed out to shovel off the porch, sidewalk and driveway.  We live in a town home community so they did the neighbors driveways as well seeing as an inch is very quickly moved by 2 little boys.  They love it!  They really wanted to sled ride but I didn't think it would go well since you could still see the tops of the grass.

I didn't get any sewing done this weekend, ug, but I did get a lot of other household stuff done.  We are staying home for Thanksgiving so no packing to do but we will be traveling to Ohio next week for a week and that will be our Thanksgiving/Christmas holiday with all of our family.

Hope your home smells as good as mine does - Pumpkin Pies were done today!  Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments: