Thursday, October 16, 2008

Wyatt's Baby Quilt

My mother-in-law made this baby quilt for my first son.  She got the pattern from me and I had gotten it from my grandmother. As all her quilts, she hand quilted it.

What is really funny about this quilt is that she started it before Wyatt was born and had done the wording at the bottom and put in "March 2000" leaving a space to put in the date when he was born.  However, Wyatt had other plans and came early and was born in February.  So instead of ripping it out she put "oops" where the date was to go and underneath put "February 28, 2000."

Isn't it funny how we think we are being so efficient and then it turns out not to work out?  How many times has this happened to me?  I remember one Christmas I was on the ball and bought gifts early and on sale.  So Christmas comes and goes and sometime in mid-Spring I was cleaning out a room and found a gift I had purchased for my husband hidden away that I had forgotten about!  Not very efficient if you don't remember doing it!

1 comment:

Ivory Spring said...

This is such a sweet quilt - your MIL did a great job.