Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Keep On Truckin'

This is a cute twin size quilt titled "Keep On Truckin'" from the book More Quick Rotary Cutter Quilts by Pam Bono Designs. I had intended on making 2 of them (and even cut all the pieces out for 2) but after struggling to finish this one in a timely manner the second one got scrapped (literally). I love the bold colors in this quilt, they match my son's bold personality. Most of the fabric is vintage which I inherited from my Grandma. Some of my tires are flat from not being real precise in piecing but I justify it by saying "Some trucks have flat tires."

This is the first time I had worked on a quilt with all the little pieces used to make a picture. I kept making mistakes so I did a lot of ripping on this one. I really like this quilt, now that it is done, but I didn't like it at the time of making it. I took this to the Belmont County Fair in St. Clairsville, Ohio, (where I was born and raised) and won first prize with it, but I must admit I didn't have any competition in my category (perhaps that's too much information).

I still have all of the scraps I cut to make the second quilt, maybe some day I will, you know, when I run out of projects (yeah right)! I have so many ideas and not enough time - but isn't that the typical quilter's dilemma?

No comments: