Sunday, October 12, 2008

Fall Harvest Wall hanging - Finished!


I finished another project! 

 This is a wall hanging made out of fall colors.  On the back you will see I used a black pumpkin fabric to compliment the front and black binding.  This basic baby quilt pattern was really easy to piece. 

I strayed from my norm and machine quilted it but I wish I would have hand quilted it.  I was not real happy with the final project but I was under a short deadline because this was for my boys' school to raise money for the PTO.  It was given as a donation for a silent auction.  

When I went to the Harvest Festival I noticed all the items up for silent auction.  This wall hanging didn't have a very high bid on it.  My husband heard someone say that they wished it had been hand quilted. I guess there are people who like hand quilting as much as I do!

My husband really liked the colors in this quilt and asked me to make one for us.  I might.

The solid colors I used are fabrics from my Grandmother's stash, and I couldn't match 
them to anything in the store (imagine that).  So I was sweating it out and actually had JUST ENOUGH  of each.

No comments: